Thursday 1 May 2014

Lets Get Scrappy

Hello everyone, lovely to see you, for some of you perhaps even for the second time.... It's a busy day here today, with several challenges starting all at the same time! If this is your first time here today, my first project and an exciting announcement can be found by clicking HERE or just by scrolling down to the previous post.

Well, onto this latest project: Our Creative Corner are having a new challenge theme today, and as our March challenge was cancelled, we have the same theme again, "Lets Get Scrappy"
Linda the Funky Junkie is our host and this is what she had to say about the challenge:
Use your scraps and left overs from previous projects, pieces of paper, scraps of ribbon, embellishments made and never used.  If you are like me and can't bear to discard all those yummy scraps, you'll have a variety of possibilities to use for this project.  Let's put some of them to use!

Well, like all of us, I have a ton of scraps and this time round I decided to use some of my ever increasing pile of paper scraps. I made a wallet out of a size 12 tag, which I created from a scrap of Kraftcard by tracing a Ranger Manila #12 tag.
As it is 10.5" long, I scored it at 4" and 8" leaving me with a 2.5" flap for closing.
I covered the inside of the tag with a strip pf paper from the Papermania Madame Perauds collection:

I had one piece that was just long enough, so I inked the edges, glued it on and then scored the tag again in the same places so it would still fold up easily.
Next I started to work on the out side. I covered each of the panels with a smaller piece of paper from the same collection and then added a piece of trellis cut with a Tim Holtz Frameworks die. This piece was a left over from my Tim April tag and fitted just perfectly on the flap.
It had been cut from hessian glued onto card, because I had used the inserts on my Tim tag. This time I just filled some of the gaps, again with little left over pieces and then created a little embellishment cluster with little bits and pieces from my scrap box.
Next I cut a pocket for the inside of the wallet, using the Tim Holtz Tattered Doily die and yet another scrap of the papers, but this time I glued in onto some kraftcard first for strength.

Just behind the pocket you can see the gift card I made to go inside the wallet. Below you can see it a bit better:
I cut a piece of card to the right size to fit inside the pocket, glued on another piece of the papers (told you I had lots of scraps) and then added some gesso to tone it down a bit. I then did first some background stamping with a Kaisercraft texture stamp, and then stamped my main images from a set by Darkroom Door called London Collection. I stamped them in Black Archival and then added some shadows with a a black Distress Marker. I also inked around the edges with Vintage Photo.
As this is a birthday gift I stamped a birthday message on the back still with the Tim Holtz Simple Sayings set.

The wallet closes with a little magnet.So as you can see, I used mainly paper scraps, but at least I made a little inroad into my huge pile of scrappy bits.
Hope you will decide to play along in our challenge this months and use up some of your own scrap collection. You can read all the details of the challenge and see  the amazing projects my teamies made by clicking HERE 
Have a happy, inky creative time and thank you for visiting like always!!!

31 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Astrid,
I have just come from Countryview Crafts, and seen your project there, and now once more another wonderful creation for my eyes to feast upon. You give me wonderful ideas and although I have full intentions to act upon them, it never seems to occur!
Anyway, this is a fabulous wallet, I love it.
Smiles:)
Sue

ike said...

Absolutely AWESOME - you always make the most beautiful creations and you are such an inspiration Astrid :-)

Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Astrid! A fab idea and an awesome project! Chris xxx

Rita said...

Good Morning Astrid. What Wonderful use of your scraps. You never cease to amaze us with your fabulous creations. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xxx

Jenny Marples said...

Such a fantastic design and I adore the idea of the hessian. Another superb make Astrid. Jenny x

Maryann Laursen said...

Fabulous creation here again Astrid, I just love it.

Netty said...

wow Astrid it is totally gorgeous, fabulous make, Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Anonymous said...

Fantastic wallet Astrid. I especially like what you did with the doily die on that gorgeous paper. Karen.x

Sophie said...

Hallo Astrid
einen schönen 1. Mai wünsche ich dir.
Hier regnet es heute, alles ist grün und wächst.

Ein schönes Werk hast du wieder hergestellt.
Du kannst wirklich stolz darauf sein.

Liebe Grüße
Sophie

Margaret Mifsud said...

Wow! and Wow! again!! Another totally stunning project!! I always love it when you make these little booklet type cards, they are so gorgeous. I also want to congratulate you on making the Countryview Crafts Design Team Astrid. Should have done it in the last comment but had a senior's moment and forgot, so .. Huge Congratulations and honestly, so well deserved!! Just love everything you do!! ox

Almo said...

Oh! Astrid, just as I think you can' amaze me any more with your work, you bring out another project that just makes me go wow! I love that. You are so inspiring, this little wallet is just adorable. I love the hessian trellis with the little trinkets to finish it off. Mo x

Tamara said...

It's amazing! There's so much to look at and it's all wonderful.
What a special card it makes. Have an extraordinary day!

Tamara

Redanne said...

Such an incredible use of 'scraps' Astrid, this is a piece of art! I love how you used the hessian and I loved your exciting news in the other post too. Hugs, Anne xx

Nicole Wright Designs said...

Oh WOW this is really cool! Love all the detail and layers! Great little project.

Dorthe said...

I would never have believed this beautiful wallet came," only", from paperscraps, dear Astrid.
It is a gorgeous art piece, and I love all the beautiful papers you have used .
Hugs from Dorthe

May said...

WOW...Fabulous wallet Love all the papers & elements... I can't believe it all was made from scraps...AmAzing... Love it all... Hugs May x x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

PINNED!!!! This card wallet rules the creative sky! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!

massofhair said...

Stunning creation from scraps Astrid, your desk must be filled with so many goodies to get a result like this :-) xxx

Elly said...

Stinkin' cute (:o) I'm in love with your purse style and this paperline fits perfect. Very coooool ♥

Evelyn Walter said...

Incredibly gorgeous, dear Astrid! So very unique, I really love it <3.

Terry said...

What a scrappy delight, Astrid! I love the burlap lattice and it is a perfect fit. Love all the details in your wallet and what a clever way to use a tag! Love it!!! Hugs!

Words and Pictures said...

Totally gorgeous, Astrid - an amazing double whammy today!! Love those burlap Frameworks pieces, and the gorgeous papers and stamping throughout - a really wonderful creation... Scraps are fabulous!!
Alison xx

rachel said...

wonderful project - I love this Astrid - the wallet itself is stunning and all the other goodies are amazing xx

Meggymay said...

Awesome project, your scraps look fantastic.
Yvonne

Juliz Design Post said...

So so beautiful. I love it.

Julie x

Julie Lee said...

Beautiful work! I love the colours and textures on this. The flowers are gorgeous. What a lovely use of scraps. Julie Ann xxx

Marci said...

A beautiful wallet, I like this idea!

Karen said...

Sigh... Astrid, this is just stunning!!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

I'm missing words, that's another wonderful project.

Brenda Brown said...

Oh my gosh Astrid this is pure scrap heaven, I just love the way you have put this together, a truly stunning project xx

Jools Robertson said...

Beautiful, I love this tag wallet so much fab detail
The papers are very pretty, I love the architectural elements

Jools x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key