Sunday 1 July 2012

Nature inspired mini WIP


This is a work in progress on a nature inspired mini that I am making for a commission. The basic design is a 6 x 8" "Stack the Deck with Pockets", as developed by Laura Dennison from Following the Paper Trail. I love this type of binding as it is sturdy and leaves lots of room for embellishment. This particular one has 6 main double sided pages and 4 smaller pages with fold outs. Each page also has at least 2 pockets. All in all there will be enough space for about 35 tags or cards. So far I have just done the basic book. The next task will be to create the tags and cards to fit into the pockets. I used a variety of papers from different collections, Prima, Graphics 45 and 7 Gypsies. I altered them with Distress Inks to make them blend and fit together.












Here are some of the pages. Stupidly I forgot to take pictures before putting the book together, so it was quite hard to photograph and some of the photos are a bit wonky.....

13 comments:

Sandy said...

It´s a wonderful new project my sweet Astrid.
So so beautiful. Love this. xoxo

Sarah said...

You have blending and shading down to an art. Beautiful work, Astrid!

Sophie said...

Unglaublich schön, mir fehlen die Worte...

Netty said...

wow Astrid when I saw the top picture I thought it was a canvas and then this fabulous book appeared. Gorgeous work my friend, Annette x

Victoria said...

Astrid, This is so beautiful! I love the cover! Graphics 45 is one of my favorite papers to work with!!!!! You're doing a beautiful job on this !!:) Happy Sunday my friend!

Marisa Job said...

Beautiful project Astrid!!You amaze me every time!! Have a great week!!

Ellen said...

Another amazing project, looks GREAT!

Have a nice week,
Ellenxx

Paula Whittaker said...

looks amazing!

Ephemera said...

WOW Astrid I don't know how you do it, (keep coming up with such brilliant artwork) whoever commissioned this is an extremely lucky person as it is superb already. Off to checkout that link now. Have a great day. X

Bärbel said...

Astrid, das sind wunderschöne Seiten; es ist eine grandiose Arbeit!
Liebe Grüße, Bärbel

Barb said...

Absolutely beautiful, love all the little details.

Jann said...

So beautiful--wonderful book!

Sandie said...

Oh wow, this is amazing... I could sit and look at all the gorgeous details for ever so long. The colours are quite captivating, I adore your colours 'always'.... need lessons. When you coming to Aussie again. Can I organise a class? LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key