Friday 23 October 2009

Ginko Canvas



Today I felt like doing something totally different for a change. I made a textured background by setting Tyvek and crumpled tissue paper onto grungeboard, using PVA, Golden Matte Medium and Gesso. I also added some salt while the gesso was still wet to add further texture. When it was dry more or less I painted it with a mix of Stewart Gill and Lumiere paints. Finally I added the Ginko leave which is made from Utee poured into a mould and then coloured with Perfect Pearls from Ranger. Finally I finished it by embellishing with some beads.

5 comments:

Martina said...

Was für ein großartiges Kunstwerk, Astrid. Das sieht einfach grandios aus. Großes Kompliment !
Wünsche Dir ein schönes Wochenende.
MARTINA xxx

Moira said...

Oooh, it's lovely

Sandy said...

OMG what a stunning piece of art.
The structure is amazing. Love this one.

Char said...

Simply gorgeous. Love all the texture.

LivArtNow said...

Wow, this is sooo beautiful!!! I love the textures you've created and the beads is a beautiful touch!!

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key